There are many benefits in buying from local artists. Here are our Top 5 Reasons to buy from local artists, such as from our River Gallery Members.
- It’s Familiar – Many artists create work based on their location. Painters may paint local scenes, photographers may capture local landscapes, and sculptures may use local materials.
- Supports the Community – It helps support the economic base of the community, since many artists purchase from local businesses, and may be members of local societies and galleries.
- Custom Art – Many artists will create art from commissions. If there is a favorite place, color, or thing that is close to your heart you may commission a local artist to create something just for you.
- Better Service – Art is a labor of love. When you buy direct from a local artist, they will take the time to get to know you and what your needs are.
- Good for the Environment – Many local artists buy from local recycle and salvage businesses, as well as recycle and reuse their own scrap parts.
Here are some links that may interest you: